Friday, February 15, 2013

Disney Princess Lovin'





 Sorry it's been so long since I've updated! I'm still new at this so I wanted to get settled into the semester before I came back to this again. I wanted to take the time to upload some pictures of my wonderful RA floor/community decorations (of course).

I am actually the RA of two floors and our theme is Disney Princesses! Best theme EVER, right?! I know, I know. I bought some decorations from Party City and I made the others but I tried to get creative with it. So here you go :)


Here is my Disney Princess Wisdom Bulletin Board! It has some wise quotes from all the different Disney Princess Movies :) Very applicable to life. Love this.



Great Wall of China: This is actually left over from my theme last semester (countries-this floor was China, obvi) but I decided to leave it up because it applied to Mulan! Perfect, right? I actually didn't plan that at all! Basically, this is just black paper and I left chalk on the ground so the residents could decorate it. They literally loved this, and surprisingly kept things pretty appropriate as well! Such a proud RA :P






 More Disney decorations pictured above! I bought the film/star decor from party city then glued on Disney princess movie characters to the stars :) And below are some sample door decs for the boys!




Ahhh, my personal favorite... the "Disney Princesses Throughout The Years" Timeline Bulletin Board. I included all the official disney princesses and gave little facts about each movie, then put them in order! Very informative, everyone seemed to love this concept :)



This is a bulletin board I made for Breast Cancer Awareness! My aunt recently passed away from breast cancer so this is definitely a topic that hits home for me, and it's soooo important to educate people about it because it is definitely growing to be more and more common unfortunately.



Here is a drawing of the Disney Castle (aka Cinderella's castle in Disneyland!). Traced with silver sharpie onto black butcherblock :) The picture is kind of dark, but it turned out really well!



And of course I had to do a New Years Resolutions Bulletin Board...




More examples of door decs! Our theme for the first semester was traveling to different countries and each floor was a country. I made the suitcases/nametags first to welcome everyone with the idea of travel (pictured in the middle). Then I made "tickets"(pictured on top) that looked like boarding passes with fun facts about the country. My floors had Germany and China. Finally and most recently, more Disney Princess door decs (pictured on the bottom)! Classic :)


I believe that is all I have for now, but hopefully there will be more to come! I will try to update this blog more because I actually do really enjoy having it :) We will see how it goes I guess. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment